26 Apr Your Baby’s Movements
Posted at 16:32h in General
The What’s, When’s, How’s & Why’s
What your baby’s movements feel like
- Your baby’s movements can feel like a gentle swirling or fluttering.
- Then as your pregnancy progresses, your baby can begin to kick.
When you’ll feel your baby move
- You will begin to feel your baby move between around 16 & 24 weeks of pregnancy.
- If this is your first baby, it’s very common not to feel movements until after 20 weeks.
- You should feel your baby move right up to and during labour.
- Don’t worry if others can’t feel the movement from your bump, others won’t feel the movement as early as you can.
How often should your baby move?
- Every baby is different, there’s no set amount your baby should move.
- You do not need to count the number of kicks or movements you feel each day.
- The important thing is to get to know your baby’s usual movements from day to day.
- Any changes to this pattern of movements should be checked by a midwife or doctor.
Why your baby’s movements are important
- If your baby is not well, they will not be as active as usual.
- If you have any concerns around baby’s pattern of movement, link in with your Midwife, your Obstetrician or GP